The Irish hot drinks sector is led by the hot coffee category in value terms. While, hot tea led the category in volume terms and hot coffee is expected to register the fastest growth in both value and volume terms during 2017-2022. Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading channel for the distribution of hot drinks products in the country. Flexible packaging is the most commonly used pack material in the sector, while glass is expected to register the fastest growth during 2017-2022. ‘Nestle SA’ ‘Jacobs Douwe Egberts’and ‘Barrys Tea’ are the leading market players in the Irish hot drinks sector.
GlobalData’s Country Profile report on the Hot Drinks sector in Ireland provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of package materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
What else is contained?
- Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2012-2022
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for hot coffee, hot tea, and other hot drinks with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2017-2022
- Leading players: Market share of brands (in value and volume terms) and private labels (in value terms) in 2017
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as cash & carries and warehouse clubs , convenience stores, department stores, “dollar stores”, variety stores & general merchandise retailers, e-retailers, food & drinks specialists, hypermarkets & supermarkets, on-trade, and other general retailers
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Pack material data for flexible packaging, paper & board, rigid plastics, glass, rigid metal and others; pack type data for: carton, bag/sachet, tub, bottle, jar and stand up pouch.