A new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in China today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2023. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile, and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Telecom service revenue growth in China over 2018-2023 will be driven by the mobile data, fixed broadband, fixed voice and pay-TV segments. Mobile data will be the largest revenue-contributing segment over 2018-2023, driven by rising smartphone subscriptions, increasing data consumption, strengthening LTE networks, and the expected launch of commercial 5G services in 2020. Going forward, operators will focus on 5G network deployments and trials to commercialize the services in 2020.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in China.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.