GlobalData’s Country Profile report on the Make-Up sector in India provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
India accounted for a volume share of 16.9% of the Asia-Pacific Make-Up sector in 2016. Lip Make-Up is the largest market in the Indian Make-Up sector, in both value and volume terms, while Nail Make-Up is forecast to register the fastest growth during 2016-2021. Convenience Stores account for a leading share in the distribution of make-up products in the country. Rigid Plastics is the most commonly used packaging material in the sector. Lakme and Revlon are the leading brands in the Indian Make-Up sector.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2011-2021.
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Eye Make-Up, Face Make-Up, Nail Make-Up, and Lip Make-Up with inputs on individual category share within each market and the change in their market share forecast for 2016-2021
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2011-2016
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each market through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Health & Beauty Stores, Department Stores, Drug Stores & Pharmacies, and others
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each market, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Package material data for Glass, Rigid Plastics, Paper & Board, Flexible Packaging, and others; pack type data for: Specialty Container, Tube, Jar and Tub.
- - The Make-Up sector in India is forecast to grow at 17.9% CAGR in value terms during 2016-2021.
- - Per capita consumption of Lip Make-Up is high in India compared to other markets.
- - Convenience Stores is the largest distribution channel in the Indian Make-Up sector.
- - Lakme accounts for the leading share in the Indian Make-Up sector.
- - Rigid Plastics is the most commonly used package material in India’s Make-Up sector.
Procter & Gamble
The Estee Lauder Companies Inc.
Oriflame Cosmetics S.A.
Elizabeth Arden Inc.
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc
Avon Products Inc.
Colorbar Cosmetics Pvt Ltd
Faces Cosmatics Inc
Maxcare International TRD CO L.L.C.
LVMH Moet Hennessy - Louis Vuitton