The Indian confectionery sector is led by the chocolate category in value terms. It is also forecast to register the fastest growth in value terms during 2018-2023. Convenience stores is the leading channel for distribution of confectionery products in the country. Flexible packaging is the most commonly used pack material, followed by rigid plastics and paper & board. Mondelez International, Inc, Perfetti Van Melle SpA and Nestle SA are the leading players in the sector.
GlobalData’s Country Profile report on the confectionery sector in India provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of package materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
What else is contained?
- Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2013-2023.
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for chocolate, gum, and sugar confectionery with inputs on individual segment share within each sector and the change in their market share forecast for 2018-2023.
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each sector through distribution channels such as cash & carries & warehouse clubs, convenience stores, department stores, food & drinks specialists, hypermarkets & supermarkets, vending machines, e-retailers, “dollar stores”, variety stores & general merchandise retailers, drug stores & pharmacies, and other general retailers.
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels in both value and volume terms in 2018.
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Pack material data for glass, flexible packaging, rigid plastics, rigid metal, paper & board and others; pack type data for: bag/sachet, film, carton - folding, wrapper, blister pack, tub, tray, foil and others.