The Grand Ducal Regulation of September 27 2016 set the instalment rates at which employment income, pensions and annuities can be transferred or seized. The regulation, which revoked the Grand Ducal Regulation of June 26 2002, was published in Memorial A 206 on October 4 2016.
The instalment rates at which employment income, pensions and annuities can be transferred or seized in accordance with Article 4 of the Modified Law of November 11 1970 are now as follows:
- Instalment 1 – up to €722 per month;
- Instalment 2 – between €722 and €1,115 per month;
- Instalment 3 – between €1,115 and €1,378 per month;
- Instalment 4 – between €1,378 and €2,296 per month; and
- Instalment 5 – over €2,296 per month.
The regulation came into force on December 1 2016.
For further information on this topic please contact Guy Castegnaro or Ariane Claverie at Castegnaro by telephone (+352 26 86 82 1) or email ([email protected] or [email protected]). The Castegnaro website can be accessed at www.castegnaro.lu.
This article was first published by the International Law Office, a premium online legal update service for major companies and law firms worldwide. Register for a free subscription.