The HSF Intellectual Property team has produced an interesting podcast on the problems associated with the use of architects’ designs where specific permissions are not in place, and the impact on development projects. The podcast covers:
- What sort of works attract copyright?
- How could these copyright works be infringed?
- Who owns copyright in architects’ designs?
- What licences can be implied if no agreement is in place?
- Termination of engagement and insolvency situations
- Escrow and collateral warranties
- Moral rights
- What relief can architects claim?