Sheila Nicoll spoke to the Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment annual conference. She gave a regulatory update that focused on:
- the “Dear CEO” letter on wealth management (see above);
- the Retail Distribution Review (RDR): she said FSA will publish a paper in the summer outlining its thinking on areas that are still outstanding;
- why FSA is continuing to press ahead with the RDR despite European initiatives and how UK regulators are trying to shape EU thinking;
- how to address the risks of exchange-traded products, both domestically and where they are “passported-in”; and
- funding the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.