- Propenoic acid, polymer with butyl propenoate, compd. with N,N-diethylethanamine (CAS: 27306-98-5) for use in coating at a maximum level of 1%.
- Melamine, polymer with formaldehyde, isobutylate (CAS: 68002-21-1) for use in coatings at a maximum level of 6%.
- 5-Isobenzofurancarboxylic acid, 1,3-dihydro-1,3-dioxo-, polymer with 2-ethyl-2-(hydroxymethyl)-1,3-propanediol, 1,2-propanediol and 1,2,3-propanetriol (CAS: 384330-10-3) for use in plastics coatings.
- Benzoic acid, 2-hydroxy-, polymer with formaldehyde and 6-phenyl-1,3,5-triazine-2,4-diamine, ethylated methylated (CAS: 196823-49-1) for use in coatings.
CFSA also requested comments on expanding the scope and use level of fatty acids, C14-C18 and C16-C18-unsaturated (CAS: 67701-06-8) for use in plastics, including acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS).
The new resin materials are:
- Formaldehyde, polymer with methylphenol (CAS: 9016-83-5) for use in coatings at a maximum level of 19%
- Formaldehyde, polymer with 4,4'-(1-methylethylidene)bis[phenol], 3-methylphenol and 4-methylphenol, butylated (CAS: 335637-88-2) for use in coatings
The use of the second resin is not allowed in food-contact materials and products to be used in food packaging for food and beverages intended for infants. Comments are due by June 14, 2019.