The United States Occupational Safety and Health Administration (“OSHA”) issued 46 citations to Three Rivers Energy LLC (“Three Rivers”).
The May 10th OSHA news release states that Three Rivers is an ethanol production facility.
OSHA states that Three Rivers processes about 16 million bushels of corn annually and has an annual production of more than 46 million gallons of ethanol.
Forty two serious and four other-than-serious safety and health violations were stated to have been issued following three separate inspections that occurred at the facility in November 2015.
The agency states that the facility violated process safety management regulations including:
- Develop written procedures for safely conducting tasks in the process, and for maintaining the ongoing integrity of equipment
- Train operators
- Correct equipment deficiencies
- Establishing an incident investigation team and maintain accurate records
- Maintain adequate drawings and diagrams of pipes and instruments used in the chemical process
- Implement an emergency response plan for the plant and train workers in emergency response procedures
The company has 15 business days from receipt of its citations and penalties to comply, request an informal conference with OSHA’s area director, or contest the findings before the independent Occupational Safety and Health Review Commission.