This week, team members from our Data Privacy, Cybersecurity & Digital Assets Practice in Los Angeles, London, Madrid and Berlin hosted: “Navigating Opportunities and Challenges: Cross-border Data, the Cookiepocalypse and Standard Contractual Clauses.”
If you missed the live webinar, don’t worry! Below you can access the full recording and watch the program.
In the session, contributors Francesco Liberatore, David Naylor, Malcolm Dowden, Dr. Annette Demmel, Bartolome Martin, and Kyle Fath discussed how European and UK data protection laws present significant challenges to organizations whose business models depend on the international flow of personal data, the new Standard Contractual Clauses and provided a breakdown of the IAB, Google Analytics and Cookiebot decisions. The panelists helped attendees understand how they can effectively:
- Respond to the post-Brexit separation of EU GDPR and UK GDPR
- Ensure they are not affected by the increasing use of “stop orders” to prevent unlawful transfers of personal data
- Employ cookies and other digital technologies
- Select the appropriate legal, technical and organizational measures to protect business-critical transfers of personal data and implement best practices for conducting personal data adequacy assessments
- Design and implement a data-driven compliance strategy
Thank you again to all who had the opportunity to attend. We look forward to hosting you at our next event.