The government has announced that it will implement a new package of measures to help narrow the gender pay gap. These measures include:
- Establishing a GBP2 million fund to be used in a training and mentoring program of events for women to be carried out by the UK Commission for Employment and Skills. The program will target women working in the science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM), retail and hospitality management and agricultural sectors, as well as part time and older workers;
- Publishing guidance to help women compare their pay to their male counterparts;
- Investing GBP50,000 in further advice to enable female employees to hold their companies to account if they think they are not being paid correctly;
- Launching free pay analysis software to be made available to all companies to calculate their gender pay gap; and
- Implementing further measures to strengthen the existing Think, Act, Report initiative
A copy of the government's announcement can be found HERE.