DCLG, Technical consultation on planning, July 2014
On the last day of July the Department for Communities and Local Government issued its consultation on a "bumper crop of measures" aimed at speeding up and simplifying the planning process including proposals to:
- amend the current regulations that will make the neighbourhood planning process simpler and speedier;
- expand permitted development rights;
- improve the use of planning conditions;
- improve engagement with statutory consultees;
- raise the environmental impact assessment screening thresholds for industrial estate and urban development projects which are located outside of defined sensitive areas; and
- improve the nationally significant infrastructure planning regime.