We all now operate in an environment where organizations are increasingly expected to look critically at their practices and procedures, particularly where there is a suspicion of wrongdoing. All businesses need to be prepared to manage their own internal investigations effectively and with particular regard to the possibility of external scrutiny and incident fallout.
We have designed a detailed action plan which sets out a framework for response when an issue arises or an allegation of misconduct is made. This could form the basis for a tailored investigations protocol. If you wish to receive a copy of this document, or to find out more about our expertise in this area, please contact us.
This detailed action plan covers the three stages of a typical investigation, and comprises:
- Key principles which should govern the conduct of the investigation team throughout the investigation;
- A flow chart providing an overview of the investigation process;
- Explanatory text providing more detail on the principles and on each stage of the process.
We have also devised a red flag fraud checklist which, in addition to an overview of the key principles and an outline flow chart, can be viewed in the next sections.
For more information on these key principles please contact us for a copy of the full action plan.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, contractual terms and internal policies
- Ensure investigation is impartial and fair and perceived to be so
- Maintain discretion, confidentiality and privilege as appropriate
- Discourage the proliferation of documentation
- Secure co-operation from employees and business partners
- Ensure the protection of employees
Please click here to view Flow chart