Recent changes to the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth) mean employers need to be aware and prepared for how these changes will affect their organisations.
Last week, members of Lander & Rogers' Workplace Relations & Safety team held briefing sessions in both Melbourne and Sydney, on how to prepare for these changes and what to expect for the year ahead.
The key topics covered in the briefings included:
- How the new anti-bullying jurisdiction will operate in practice;
- Right of entry - where employee interviews and discussions should be held;
- Genuine consultation on changes to rosters and work hours;
- Consent arbitration of general protections and unlawful termination disputes; and
- Superannuation, modern awards and enterprise bargaining agreements.
The team also gave an update on the new Australian Privacy Principles which come into effect on 12 March. The presenters offered practical advice on how these changes will affect organisations, along with tips for avoiding penalties.