Click here to watch the video.
The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators South East Branch and Stevens & Bolton 2021 annual case law update on ADR, focusing particularly on developments in international arbitration, adjudication and mediation was delivered by Andrew Goddard QC and Samar Abbas Kazmi of Atkin Chambers on 27 July 2021.
In a discussion on some of the leading cases over the past year or so, Andrew and Samar bring out some interesting and useful points that practitioners should be aware of.
The presentation, which can be viewed in the video below, covered the following cases:
- Triple Point Technology, Inc. v PTT Company Ltd  UKSC 29
- Secretariat v A Company  EWCA Civ 6
- Halliburton v Chubb  UKSC 48
- Enka v Chubb  UKSC 38
- Doglemor Trade Ltd & Ors v. Caledor Consulting Ltd & Ors  EWHC 3342
- Betamax Ltd v State Trading Corporation (Mauritius)  UKPC 14
- Financial Conduct Authority v Arch Insurance & Others  UKSC 1
The video is divided by chapters for ease of access to the individual cases.