Nine of the 22 individuals listed by the EU pursuant to Council Regulation (EU) No 208/2014, as amended, have lodged applications with the General Court of the EU seeking to annul their listings. The individuals, who were subjected to the first round of asset freezes imposed by the EU in relation to the events in Ukraine, were designated for allegedly being “responsible for the misappropriation of Ukrainian state funds”.
It is reported that the following nine individuals launched proceedings, between 29 April to 15 May, to get their assets unfrozen:
- Viktor Yanukovych (the former president);
- Oleksandr Yanukovych (the former president’s son);
- Viktor Yanukovych (the former president’s son);
- Mykola Azarov (the former prime minister);
- Oleksii Azarov (the former prime minister’s son);
- Andriy Portnov (a former adviser to the president);
- Serhiy Kurchenko (a Ukrainian businessman);
- Andrii Kliuiev (the former head of administration for the president); and
- Serhii Kliuiev (the brother of the former head of administration for the president).