- May 2013 – Mississippi Certificate of Need Meeting
During the May Certificate of Need meeting, Dr. Mary Currier, State Health Officer, concurred with the Health Policy & Planning staff analyses and approved the following applications for Certificate of Need.
CON Review: HG-RC-1212-022 – Baptist Memorial Health Care Corporation d/b/a Baptist Memorial Hospital – Union County – Emergency Department Addition and Renovation – Capital Expenditure: $12,088,860 – Location: New Albany, Union County, Mississippi – Staff Recommendation: Approval
The next Certificate of Need monthly meeting will be held on June 27, 2013, at 11:00 a.m.
- Report of the Ad Hoc Certificate of Need Committee – Proposals for Freestanding Emergency Department Pilot Program and Revisions to State Health Plan
The Ad Hoc Certificate of Need Committee met on May 15, 2013, and discussed a number of possible amendments to the Health Facilities Minimum Standards and the State Health Plan for Fiscal Year 2014.
The proposed amendments to the Health Facilities Minimum Standards involve a pilot freestanding emergency department (PFED) program. The proposed PFED rule was filed with the Secretary of State on May 30, 2013, and an oral proceeding is scheduled for July 3, 2013, at 9:00 a.m. The notice filing and corresponding economic impact statement can be found here.
The proposed amendments to the State Health Plan for Fiscal Year 2014 contemplate additional programs for treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder and revisions to perinatal care and end-stage renal disease services. The proposed amendments to the State Health Plan were filed June 7, 2013, and an oral proceeding is scheduled for July 3, 2013, at 2:00 p.m. The notice filing can be found here.
Certificate of Need Program Report – Filings/Reports Since April 2013 CON Meeting
Letters of Intent to Change Ownership
- Baptist Madison County Ambulatory Center (ASC) – Notice of Intent to Change Ownership – Received May 29, 2013
- SSC Brookhaven Operating Company, LLC d/b/a Countrybrook Living Center – Notice of Intent to Change Ownership – Received May 30, 2013
Determinations of Reviewability
- Madison River Oaks Hospital – Renovation of Hospital Space for Dedicated C-Section Room – Received May 1, 2013
- Vicksburg Healthcare, LLC d/b/a River Region Health System – River Region Health System Outpatient MRI – Located in Medical Office Building – Received May 2, 2013
- Madison HMA, LLC d/b/a Madison River Oaks Hospital – Change in Mobile MRI Provider – Received May 9, 2013
- Camellia Home Health of the Gulf Coast, LLC – Transfer of Minority Interest in Camellia Home Health of the Gulf Coast, LLC – Received May 9, 2013
- River Region Health System – Medical Office Building – Received May 10, 2013
- St. Dominic Jackson Memorial Hospital – Construction and Installation of a Water Well – Received May 15, 2013
- Grenada Lake Medical Center – Transitional Care Unit Fire Sprinkler to Comply with August 13, 2013 Mandate – Received May 17, 2013
- E+Oncologics Mississippi LLC – Replacement of existing 1994 Linear Accelerator with 2007 Linear Accelerator including Portal Imaging – Received May 24, 2013
Letters of Intent to Apply for CON
- River Oaks Hospital, LLC – Establishment of Diagnostic Catheterization Services and Equipment for PCI Procedures and Acquisition of Related Equipment – Received April 29, 2013
- Baptist Memorial Hospital – North Mississippi, Inc. – Hospital Infusion Services Addition – Received May 1, 2013
- Vicksburg Healthcare, LLC – River Region Health System, Outpatient MRI – Received May 2, 2013
- Cornerstone Companies, Inc. – Construction of Medical Office Building, Vicksburg, MS – Received May 2, 2013
- Clarksdale, HMA LLC d/b/a Northwest Mississippi – Regional Center – Amendment to CON # R-0852 Regarding MRI – Received May 30, 2013
- Greenwood Leflore Hospital – Replacement of Central Plan Equipment – Cost Overrun to HG-RE-0211- 002; R-0833 – Received May 7, 2013
- Clarksdale, HMA LLC d/b/a Northwest Mississippi Regional Center – HC-RC-0312-007; R-0853 – Expansion/Renovation of Radiology Department – Received May 29, 2013
- Applications Received for Extension/Renewal of an Expired CON None.
Additional Material Received in Response to Negative Staff Analysis
CON Applications Deemed Complete
Six-Month Extension Requests Granted
- Community Place, Jackson – SME on NH-CRF-0908-039; R-0786 – Construction/Replacement/Relocation of Community Place Nursing Home from Hinds County to Rankin County – Expiration Date: October 30, 2013
- Jefferson County Hospital – SME on HG-R-0509-012; R-0794 – Emergency Room/Laboratory/Acute Care Addition – Expiration Date: September 24, 2013
- Memorial Hospital at Gulfport – SME on HG-RC-0611-012; R-0838 – Patient Tower Expansion and Renovation – Expiration Date: November 17, 2013
- George County Hospital – SME on NH-CB-0602-036; R-0668 – Establishment/Construction of a 60- Bed Nursing Home Facility – Expiration Date: November 19, 2013
Hearings Requested/Scheduled During the Course of Review
Request for Hearing on Denial of Six-Month Extension
CON Review # ESRD-NIS-0905-041; CON # R-0710 – Healthcare Engineers, LLC – Establishment of a Six- Station ESRD Facility in Tallahatchie County – Capital Expenditure: $254,085 – Requestor: Alliance Health Partners, LLC d/b/a Tri-Lakes Medical Center. To be scheduled.
- Letters of Intent to Change Ownership