OSHA Regulatory Agenda
- Next month OSHA anticipates publishing final rules for the new Hazard Communication Standard.
- A final Confined Space Standard for construction is targeted for November 2011.
- OSHA continues to move forward with a proposed rule for a Crystalline Silica Standard. Officials indicate that they hope to publish a proposed rule soon.
- OSHA also plans to issue an Electric Power Transmission and Distribution Standard for General Industry.
- The agency is off schedule for the development of an Injury Illness Prevention Program (I2P2), but officials say they are working to complete the project on an expedited basis.
- Regarding ergonomics, OSHA states that there is no plan to develop a standard, but it will continue to cite violations under the General Duty Clause, Section 5(a)(1).