Cyprus has implemented the 2014 EU Directive (2014/67) on the posting of workers. Employers sponsoring posted workers in Cyprus must now notify the Ministry of Labour with the following details:
- Name and address of the host entity in Cyprus;
- Name of the person responsible for the posted worker(s) in Cyprus;
- Address where the posted worker will offer their services;
- Name and address of the entity where services will be provided;
- Start and end date of the employment;
- Nature of work to be carried out by the individual; and
- Whether there are other employees in Cyprus with the same terms and conditions of employment.
Employers must notify the Ministry one month before the work contract terminates if they are looking to renew their contract, as prior consent must be obtained.