On 30 July 2008, the FSA published its latest General and Life Insurance Newsletters. Issue 15 of the General Insurance Newsletter includes articles on:
- Treating customers fairly: update on progress towards the December deadline
- Fair contract terms: a key part of TCF
- Solvency 2: a QIS 4 update
- Authorisation of the first insurance company to operate under Islamic principles
- Insurance comparison websites: results of thematic work
- Payment Protection Insurance: Competition Commission provisional findings
- Commission disclosure: progress & next steps
- Brokers’ financial resources: results of the Threshold Condition 4 review
- Travel insurance: final rules for policies sold alongside a holiday
Issue 13 of the Life Insurance Newsletter also includes articles on:
- Open market options: thematic work
- Intra-group investment management: delivering fair outcomes for consumers
- Consultation on change to with-profit rules: the use of inherited estates
- Capital Gains Tax changes: impact on insurance bonds.
- Retail Distribution Review: interim report
- Effectiveness of the rules on charges disclosure for SIPPs
The full General Insurance Newsletter can be viewed at http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/newsletters/gi_newsletter15.pdf.
The full Life Insurance Newsletter can be viewed at http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/newsletters/li_newsletter13.pdf.