On January 27, 2020, it was published in the Federal Official Gazette (Diario Oficial de la Federación), the Order introducing the IT platform known as Integral System of Standards and Conformity Assessment (Sistema Integral de Normas y Evaluación de la Conformidad (SINEC by its acronym in Spanish)), which is in charge of the General Standards Direction (Dirección General de Normas) of the Ministry of Economy (Secretaría de Economía), and the rules for its use, which will come into force on January 28, 2020. The SINEC is available on the website https://www.sinec.gob.mx and seeks to promote the use of information technologies for the consultation of Mexican Official Standards (Normas Oficiales Mexicanas (NOMs by its acronym in Spanish)), standards, accredited and approved persons.
The procedures that may be carried out through the SINEC are those indicated below:
• SE-04-001 Units of Measure.
• SE-04-002 Model or Prototype of Instruments
• SE-04-003 and SE-04-004 Patterns.
• SE-04-005 NOM Certification.
• SE-04-006 Registration as ONN.
• SE-04-007 Agency Approval.
• SE-04-008 Accreditation Body.
• SE-04-012 Mutual Recognition.
• SE-04-013 and SE-04-015 Metals.
• SE-04-014 Goods sample.
• SE-04-016 Made in Mexico.
• SE-04-017 and SE-04-2018 Tequila.
• SE-04-020 Materials, equipment and test methods.
An advanced electronic signature will be required for the submission of the aforementioned proceedings.
Furthermore, through the SINEC, the Mexican Standards Catalog (Catálogo Mexicano de Normas) can be consulted, which includes the complete drafts of the NOMs, in force and cancelled NOMs, and conformity assessment and verification bodies.