On July 11, the Department of Homeland Security (“DHS”) issued a notice of proposed revision of a currently approved collection of information as it relates to Form I-526. Comments will be accepted for 60 days, until September 9, 2016. In particular, written comments and suggestions should address the following points:
- Evaluate whether the information collected is necessary for the agency to perform its duties, and whether the information will be useful;
- Evaluate whether the agency’s estimation of the burden to collect information is accurate, taking into consideration the methodologies and assumptions utilized;
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Minimize the burden on the agency and personnel in responding to the information request, including method of search, response, and collection.
This notice and the written and comments described above are in particular reference to Form I-526 and information collection. Specifically, the current findings in relation to information collecting for Form I-526 are the following:
- The estimated number of respondents for the information collection of Form I-526 is 11,939, and it takes an estimated 1 hour and 50 minutes for each response.
- The annual hours of information collection is 21,848 hours.
Comments may be submitted via email, mail, and an online portal.