Today, the Federal Reserve Bank of New York (FRBNY) announced the establishment of an Investor Advisory Committee on Financial Markets to serve as a forum for informal discussions on financial economic and public policy issues, as well as assist in informing FRBNY President William C. Dudley and senior management on such related matters. The committee will "combine the insights of a broad spectrum of investment professionals" and further "strengthen the New York Fed’s relationships with a diverse group of market participants, ensuring policymakers hear a range of views on relevant issues."
The members of the committee are:
- Keith Anderson, CIO, Soros Fund Management LLC
- Nicole Arnaboldi, Vice Chairman of Alternative Investments, Credit Suisse Group
- Louis Bacon, Chairman, CEO and Founder, Moore Capital Management LLC
- William Clark, Director, State of New Jersey Department of the Treasury, Division of Investment
- Mohamed El-Erian, CEO and Co-CIO, Pacific Investment Management Company
- Garth Friesen, Principal, III Associates
- Gary Glynn, President and CIO, US Steel and Carnegie Pension Fund
- Joshua Harris, Managing Partner, Apollo Advisors LP
- Alan Howard, Director and Co-Founder, Brevan Howard Asset Management LLP
- Glenn Hutchins, Co-CEO and Co-Founder, Silver Lake
- Sander Levy, Managing Director, Vestar Capital Partners
- Morgan Stark, Managing Member, Ramius LLC
- Thomas Steyer, Senior Managing Member, Farallon Partners LLC
Mr. Dudley stated that the FRBNY's interaction with these committee members, which broadly represent the investment and trading communities, will "enhance our understanding of how the private sector interacts with Federal Reserve operations, deepen communications between the Fed and market participants, and build confidence in Fed actions through greater transparency."