The regulatory framework and instructions issued by the RBI are compiled in the Master Circulars. The Master Circulars are being updated from time to time as and when the fresh instructions are issued. The date up to which the Master Circular has been updated is indicated therein. The Master Circulars may be referred to for general guidance.
On July 1, 2015, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has issued consolidated Master Circulars on various topics, including the following –
- Foreign investment in India
- External commercial borrowings
- Export of goods and services
- Import of goods and services
- Direct investment by residents in Joint Venture (JV) / Wholly Owned Subsidiary (WOS) abroad
- Establishment of Liaison/ Branch/ Project offices in India by foreign entities, etc.
Master Circulars can be viewed at: https://www.rbi.org.in/Scripts/BS_ViewM asterCirculardetails.aspx