JCT has released a tracked-change edition of some of its 2005 suite of contracts that highlights all the changes that will appear in its forthcoming 2011 edition, which we understand will be published this September. As well as the changes to the Construction Act (see the article on page 4: The new construction act – laid bare), the changes also include:
- a revised insolvency definition in the termination section;
- the revised terrorism cover provisions that were included in JCT’s 2009 amendment;
- the expansion of the principal contractor role under the CDM Regulations to include the obligations contained in the Site Waste Management Plans Regulations 2008;
- statutory reference to the Bribery Act 2010;
- the removal of PI insurance provisions relating to asbestos and fungal mould; and
- the revision of the retention provisions in the sub-contracts.
Bound hard copy tracked-change versions of JCT’s main contracts are available to order. See: www.jctltd.co.uk To coincide with the publication of this new suite of tracked-changed contracts, the JCT will publish a 2011 version of the Construction Industry Model Arbitration Rules.