- The FCC will hold a workshop on Universal Service and Intercarrier Compensation reform on April 6, 2011, at 9:30 am Eastern in its Meeting Room located at 445 12th Street, SW, Washington DC 20554. This workshop will be the first of a series and will be available via webcast. For further information, click here.
- The FCC has released its Tentative Agenda for the next Open Meeting to be held April 7, 2011. It contains six items, including a long-awaited order on data roaming and an order regarding pole attachments. To view the Tentative Agenda, click here.
- Comments on the Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) adopted by the FCC on February 8, 2011, regarding reform of the Universal Service fund (USF) and the intercarrier compensation (ICC) system are as follows:
Comments on Section XV (Paragraphs 603-677) of the item, which regards “eliminating opportunities and incentives for arbitrage” in intercarrier compensation, are due April 1, 2011, and Reply Comments on Section XV are due April 18, 2011.
Comments on the remaining portions of the item are due April 18, 2011, and Reply Comments are due May 23, 2011.
Comments on the FCC’s proposed collection requirements under the Paperwork Reduction Act are due May 2, 2011.
- The FCC has adopted and released a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking seeking comment on rules to implement the Truth in Caller ID Act, Pub. L. No. 111-331, codified at 47 U.S.C. § 227(e). Comments are due April 18, 2011, and Reply Comments are due May 3, 2011. WC Docket No. 11-39. To read our Alert on this item, click here. To view the NPRM, click here.
- Reply Comments on the Notice of Inquiry in ET Docket No. 10-237, Promoting More Efficient Use of Spectrum Through Dynamic Spectrum Use Technologies, are due March 28, 2011. Our summary of this item is available here. To view the Notice of Inquiry, click here. To view the Federal Register entry, click here.