The Minister of Finance has submitted to the Second Chamber a Bill implementing the revised UCITS Directive (2009/65/EC). The Bill introduces amendments to the FMSA and the Dutch Civil Code. The amendments relate to:
- simplification of the notification procedure
- introduction of a European passport for managers of UCITS
- facilitating (cross-border) mergers between UCITS
- introduction of a statutory framework for master-feeder structures (enabling a UCIT to invest in another UCIT)
- inclusion of key investor information in UCIT documentation
In addition, the Minister has held a consultation about a draft decree implementing the Directive.