The Regulation Amending the Regulation on Commercial Advertisement and Unfair Commercial Practices (“Amendment Regulation”) was published in Official Gazette number 30916 on 12 October 2019.
The Amendment Regulation revises and clarifies certain articles of the Regulation on Commercial Advertisement and Unfair Commercial Practices, which was published in the Official Gazette number 29232 on 10 January 2015, as outlined below:
- Advertisers are now obliged to ensure all efficient methods for customers’ easy access to the promotional products presented together with the products.
- The Amendment Regulation made the following exemptions for the advertisements of all kinds of firearms or non-firearms in addition to weapon manufacturers and dealers, on the condition that they are not contrary to the provisions of the relevant legislation:
- Advertisements published on their own corporate websites
- Materials prepared for the fair participation
- Advertisements published in the thematic publications on hunting and shooting.
- The Amendment Regulation clarified the regulations and restrictions on foods and beverages that are not recommended for excessive consumption, granted with the regulation stated in our previous article. Accordingly, no gifts that are of interest to children can be given along with the foods and beverages not recommended for excessive consumption, in order to increase the sales of these products.
All provisions have entered into force on the date of publication.
Please see this link for the full text of the Amendment Regulation (only available in Turkish).
Information first published in the MA | Gazette, a fortnightly legal update newsletter produced by Moroğlu Arseven.