In its 79th Annual Report, released on 29 June 2009, the Bank for International Settlements (BIS) looked at the narrow path ahead leading out of the financial crisis. The Report underlines the need to focus clearly on the medium term and on sustainability when designing both macroeconomic and financial policy responses.
The Report examines:
- the causes of the financial crisis;
- the effect on the financial sector;
- fallout for industrial and emerging market economies;
- policy responses to the crisis; and
- the "risks and opportunities" presented in recovery strategies