On August 27, 2013, the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) published the final rules regarding affirmative action for protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
These rules, which are effective today, March 24, 2014, require federal contractors and subcontractors to substantially change their affirmative action programs for veterans and individuals with disabilities.
In addition, the rules require contractors and subcontractors to update various notices, contract clauses, forms, advertising taglines, EEO surveys, and impose several additional data collection and recordkeeping requirements. Because the changes required by the final rules are substantial, federal contractors and subcontractors should be meeting with management, IT personnel, and their legal advisors now to ensure compliance with the new regulations.
In order to keep you compliant with these new regulations, we have created the 2014 Federal Contractor Section 503 and VEVRAA Compliance Toolkit.
The toolkit is a webpage that houses all of the information, forms, and tools necessary to help you get up to speed and comply with the new regulations. Upon entry to our site, you will be able to view/download documents including, but not limited to, the following:
- Sample Notice to Labor Union
- EEO Clause for Contracts, Subcontracts, and Purchase Orders
- Sample Tag Lines for Advertisements and Job Postings
- Sample Notice to State Employment Service Delivery System (ESDS)
- Form Pre-Offer Protected Veteran Self-Identification
- Form Post-Offer Protected Veteran Self-Identification
- Sample AA-EEO Policy Statements (for Bulletin Boards and Handbook)
- Sample Reasonable Accommodation —Online Accessibility Language
- Sample Data Collection Table for Individuals With Disabilities
- Sample Data Collection Table for Protected Veterans
- List of Recordkeeping Requirements