The OSC is publishing for a 90-day comment period (ending January 3, 2009) OSC Rule 13-503 (Commodity Futures Act) Fees and the corresponding Companion Policy. The Rule and Companion Policy are intended to replace, and are consistent with, the current rule and policy. The proposed changes include the following:
- relying on historical data, as opposed to forecasted data in determining the size of market participants for the purpose of calculating participation fees;
- making changes governing the calculation of late fees;
- clarifying the calculation of a CFA registrant's Ontario percentage;
- changing and clarifying timing references;
- making adjustments to the participation fees; and
- make adjustments to activity fees.