FSB launches peer review: FSB has launched a thematic peer review on supervisory frameworks and approaches to systemically important financial institutions (SIFIs). It has produced two separate questionnaires, one for national authorities and one for a small number of targeted global systemically important banks (G-SIBs). The questions focus on:
- supervisory mandate, strategy and culture;
- organisational structure;
- supervisory approach, method and tools;
- operational independence and resources; and
- lessons learned and next steps.
G-SIBs should provide responses by 15 August, and regulators by 12 September. (Source: FSB Launches Peer Review)