As part of Crowell & Moring’s “First 100 Days” series, Cari Stinebower, Scott Douglas, and Mariana Pendás sit down to discuss the state of U.S.-Cuba relations at the start of the Trump administration, updating our Nov. 23 podcast on sanctions under the Trump Administration. Cari, a partner with the firm, previously worked as an attorney advisor for the Office of Foreign Assets Control. Scott is a senior policy director with our Government Affairs Group and previously served as finance director for Senator Mitch McConnell. Mariana is an international associate with the firm’s International Trade Group; she is a dual-qualified lawyer in Spain and New York and admitted to practice under the Brussels’ E List.
Discussed in this 20 minute podcast:
- History of Cuban sanctions.
- Recent legislation relating to Cuba.
- What is likely to happen under the new administration.
- What American businesses should consider before entering the Cuban market.
- Which members of Congress might have the most influence on relations with Cuba.
Please click here to listen to the podcast.