European Banking Authority
EBA launches 2022 EU-wide transparency exercise
September 23, 2022
The European Banking Authority (EBA) launched its annual EU-wide transparency exercise, as part of its efforts to monitor risks and vulnerabilities and to reinforce market discipline.
Bank of England Prudential Regulation Authority
Statement: PRA publishes a statement on DECL Taskforce
September 23, 2022
The Taskforce on Disclosures about Expected Credit Losses published updated guidance on a complete set of high quality IFRS 9 Expected Credit Loss accounting disclosures. This third report comprises good practice disclosure examples and other amendments to address gaps, deficiencies or otherwise improve existing material.
UK Financial Conduct Authority
Policy Update: PS21/11 General insurance pricing practices - amendments
September 23, 2022
The final rules from GI Pricing Practices Market Study, published in PS21/5 and updated in PS21/11, are aimed at improving how insurance markets function.
Research: Assessing liquidity for orderly wind-down: good and poor practices from general insurance brokers
September 23, 2022
The Financial Conduct Authority released the findings of its multi-firm review of general insurance brokers, where they identify areas for improvement from which firms can learn.
Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
- Chair – Vacant (Martin Gruenberg serves as Acting Chair)
- Vice Chairman – Travis Hill (nominated September 20, 2022)
- Member – Jonathan McKernan (nominated September 20, 2022)
Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
- Comptroller – Vacant (Michael Hsu serves as Acting Comptroller)
U.S. Department of the Treasury – Janet Yellen (effective January 26, 2021)
- Remarks by Secretary of the Treasury Janet L. Yellen at Chief Lynn Malerba's Swearing in Ceremony as the United States Treasurer (September 12, 2022)
Federal Reserve Board – Jerome H. Powell (effective May 23, 2022)
- Vice Chair Lael Brainard (sworn in May 23, 2022)
- Vice Chair for Supervision Michael Barr (sworn in July 19, 2022)
- Governor Phillip N Jefferson (sworn in May 23, 2022)
- Governor Lisa D. Cook (sworn in May 23, 2022)
- Statement by Governor Lael Brainard on her nomination by President Biden (November 22, 2021) (sworn in May 23, 2022)
- Waters Applauds Nominations of Sarah Bloom Raskin, Lisa Cook, and Philip Jefferson to Leadership Roles in the Federal Reserve (January 14, 2022)
- Senate Banking Committee Chair Brown Statement on Nomination of Michael Barr for Federal Reserve Vice Chair for Supervision (April 15, 2022)
- Senate Banking Committee Ranking Member Toomey Statement on Nomination of Michael Barr for Federal Reserve Vice Chair for Supervision (April 15, 2022)
- Jerome H. Powell sworn in for second term as Chair of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (May 23, 2022)
- Philip N. Jefferson sworn in as a member of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (May 23, 2022)
Federal Reserve Bank of New York – John C. Williams (effective June 18, 2018)
Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation – Martin Gruenberg (Acting Chair, appointed February 5, 2022)
- FDIC Announces Appointments to Its Division of Finance and Division of Insurance and Research (May 18, 2022)
Consumer Financial Protection Bureau – Rohit Chopra (effective October 12, 2021)
Securities and Exchange Commission – Gary Gensler (effective April 17, 2021)
- Kelly L. Gibson, Director of the Philadelphia Regional Office, to Leave the SEC; Scott Thompson and Joy Thompson named Office Acting Co-Heads (February 11, 2022)
Small Business Administration – Isabella Casillas Guzman (effective March 16, 2021)
- Statement by Administrator Guzman Applauding President Biden's Appointees to Lead SBA Regional Offices (November 18, 2021)
- Statement by Administrator Guzman Applauding President Biden's New Appointees to the U.S. Small Business Administration (December 6, 2021)
- Statement by Administrator Guzman Applauding President Biden's New Appointees to the U.S. Small Business Administration (January 25, 2022)
Commodity Futures Trade Commission – Rostin Behnam (effective December 17, 2021)
- Statement of CFTC Chairman Rostin Behnam on the U.S. Senate Confirmations of Christy Goldsmith Romero, Kristin N. Johnson, Summer Kristine Mersinger, and Caroline D. Pham (March 29, 2022)
Financial Crimes Enforcement Network
National Credit Union Administration – Todd M. Harper
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development – Marcia Fudge (effective March 10, 2021)
Federal Housing Finance Agency – Sandra L. Thompson, (confirmed May 25, 2022)
U.S. Department of Education – Dr. Miguel Cardona (effective March 2, 2021)
- Secretary Cardona Statement on Confirmation of Education Department Officials Brown, Rodriguez and Graham (October 6, 2021)
- Statement from Secretary Miguel Cardona on the Confirmation of Catherine Lhamon as Assistant Secretary for the Office for Civil Rights (October 20, 2021)
- Statement by U.S. Secretary of Education Miguel Cardona on the Confirmation of Sandra Bruce as the Department's Inspector General (December 3, 2021)
- Statement by U.S. Secretary of Education Miguel Cardona on President Biden's Nomination of LaWanda Toney (December 16, 2021)
PH Client Alerts
Click here to read more from our Coronavirus series.
Click here to view the full text of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act (the "CARES Act"), Enacted March 27, 2020.
Click here to view the full text of the Paycheck Protection Program Increase Act of 2020, Enacted April 24, 2020.
Click here to view the full text of the Paycheck Protection Program Flexibility Act of 2020, Enacted June 5, 2020.
Click here to view the full text of the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021, Enacted December 27, 2020.
Click here to view the full text of the American Rescue Plan of 2021, Enacted March 11, 2021.
Click here to view the full text of the PPP Extension Act of 2021, Enacted March 30, 2021.
Click here to view a running list of proposed legislation from the Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs, Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship, House Committee on Financial Services, and House Committee on Small Business.