In this short video, Hogan Lovells' partner Richard Diffenthal discusses how blockchain solutions will start to move out of the research lab and into the mainstream financial services eco-system in 2018
- How financial institutions will grapple to capture the zeitgeist around cryptocurrency and cryptoassets in 2018
- Why many institutions will be asking themselves whether this is a sector they have to be in or not
- The pressures that will face those organisations embracing the crypo revolution in terms of having products and services that can be deployed swiftly to customers
- As these currencies become more mainstream, will customers want to access these products and services through traditional banking apps?
- Whether banking apps will be as easy to use with cryptocurrencies as with traditional currency
- The steps FIs will be asking themselves in respect of cryptocurrencies and cryptoassets, ie whether they should adapt current infrastructures or build new ones
Receive free news and analysis – written by Hogan Lovells' world-leading legal teams and tailored to your preferences – by registering on Engage. You can also access our cutting-edge interactive Lawtech tools, designed to help you make better decisions and save time and money.
You can also keep track of all the Engage content by following our LinkedIn page.