The following individuals are expected to fill high-level positions at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), based on recent media reports:
- Lance Leggitt will serve as HHS Secretary Tom Price's Chief of Staff. Mr. Leggitt most recently led the health policy practice at Baker Donelson and served as a senior health policy official at HHS under former President George W. Bush.
- Eric Hargan will serve as the Deputy Secretary of HHS. Hargan most recently served as an attorney at Greenberg Traurig and served at HHS in a number of roles, including Acting Deputy Secretary, under former President George W. Bush.
- Demetrios Kouzoukas is expected to serve as the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Principal Deputy Administrator, the number-two official at CMS, now that Seema Verma has been confirmed as CMS Administrator. Kouzoukas most recently served as a lawyer for UnitedHealthcare.
- Kristin Skrzycki is reportedly in the running to serve as Deputy Chief of Staff to Secretary Price. She was previously Secretary Price's Chief of Staff on Capitol Hill during his tenure as a Congressman representing Georgia's Sixth District.
- Amanda Street is expected to join Dr. Price's team, although it is unclear in what capacity. Street previously served as Senior Policy Adviser to the House Budget Committee when Dr. Price was Chairman.
- Mary-Sumpter Lapinski is expected to serve as a special adviser to the Secretary on issues related to the Food and Drug Administration. She was previously the Health Policy Director for the U.S. Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions Committee.