The FSA has published Consultation Paper 09/12: Quarterly consultation (No. 20) (CP09/20).
In CP09/20, the FSA proposes amendments to:
- The Interim Prudential sourcebook for Insurers (IPRU (INS)), dealing with the submission of EEA statistical returns by insurers passporting into EEA Member States.
- The General Prudential sourcebook such that the prudential filter continues to apply when assets have been reclassified away from the Available-for-Sale debt category to the Loans and Receivables category (or to the Held-to-Maturity category).
- The Collective Investment Schemes sourcebook to remove the requirement for an umbrella scheme to launch one or more subsequent sub-funds within 24 months of the launch of the first sub-fund of the scheme.
- Allow firms to submit application fees by credit or debit card when varying their part IV permissions.
- The Perimeter Guidance manual in relation to the scope of the activity of making arrangements with a view to transactions in investments and also to the definition of personal pension schemes.
- Issue guidance setting out the FSA’s view on what packagers of structured products need to do to ensure their product does not amount to a collective investment scheme.
Comments on CP09/20 are invited by 6 June 2009.
View Consultation Paper 09/12: Quarterly consultation (No. 20), 3 April 2009