The Scottish Green Party has always advocated a different approach to the economy, focusing on the low carbon economy and sustainable development as well as:
- Measuring quality of life not in terms of Gross Domestic Product but in terms of justice opportunity and contentment and using alternative measures of economic development.
- Flexible working arrangements including greater worker involvement indecision making, and protected employment rights from day one.
- Full implementation of all equality legislation and action on the gender pay gap.
- Ending benefits and replacing with a Citizen's Income Scheme, to ensure that work always pays. Proper support for carers and students.
- Legislate to make sure government spending at all levels us binding social and environmental measures for public procurement.
- A supermarket regulator to ensure fair trade.