LME Clear registered as EMIR-compliant CCP: ESMA has announced that LME Clear has been added to its list of central counterparties registered under the European Market Infrastructure Regulation (EMIR). (Source: LME Clear Registered as EMIR-Compliant CCP)
Stakeholders' group advises on MiFID 2: ESMA's Securities and Markets Stakeholder Group has submitted its advice to ESMA on the development of the Level 2 measures for the recast Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID 2) and related Regulation. Among other issues raised in the advice, the Stakeholder Group calls for:
- a mapping exercise on national civil liability regimes in relation to MiFID 2;
- specific Guidelines on self-placing;
- an approach to inducements for non-independent financial advisers that respects the "open architecture" model in Continental Europe;
- flexibility regarding disclosures required from admission documents in SME Growth Markets; and
- due consideration to differences in liquidity over the life-cycle of non-equity instruments.
(Source: SMSG Advice and Letters)