On March 1, 2017, the State Intellectual Property Office of China (SIPO) has issued the Decision on Amending the Patent Examination Guidelines.
As a result, amendments in the following aspects shall come into force as of April 1, 2017:
- the eligibility of computer software and business method patents,
- the examination regarding supplement experimental data for chemistry inventions,
- the allowed amendments to claims during patent invalidation procedures,
- public accessibility to patent application documents, and
- the time limit for property preservation.
More details can be found at