The government has been seeking views on the current and future operation of the Construction Industrial Training Board and the Engineering Construction Industrial Training Board.
The review included the following questions:
• the impact of the levy system and alternate types of incentives;
• what is needed to overcome specific skills challenges;
• how to encourage innovation and new working practices;
• clarity of the “scope” of the existing ITBs;
• which ITB services, if any, are valued by the sector;
• ease of access to support;
• specific challenges and targeting of resource; and
• their role in bringing new entrants to the industry.