As previously reported, the International Insolvency Institute will hold its Ninth Annual International Insolvency Conference at Columbia University in New York on June 18 and 19, 2009. This Conference is likely to be the finest international insolvency Conference of the year and has an exceptionally talented and prominent faculty that will address today’s critical international insolvency issues and developments. Among the highlights of the Conference are the following:
- Wilbur L. Ross Jr. of W.L. Ross & Co. on issues in the current global credit crisis;
- Harvey Miller of Weil Gotshal & Manges addressing the international coordination issues in Lehman Bros.;
- David Heiman of Jones, Day, Reavis & Pogue on the Chrysler restructuring;
- Hon. Ralph R. Mabey of Stutman Treister & Glatt on coordination of multinational insolvencies involving corporate groups;
- Justice Ludmila A. Novoselova of Russia’s Supreme Commercial Court with Hon. Sidney B. Brooks of the United States Bankruptcy Court addressing issues and developments in Russia’s system for insolvencies and restructurings;
- The presentation of the III’s 2009 Outstanding Contributions Award to Lord Leonard Hoffmann of the U.K. House of Lords for his distinguished service to the insolvency profession throughout his entire career with an Appreciation by Michael Crystal, Q.C. of 3-4 South Square Chambers, London;
- Hon. Charles G. Case II and Justice Luciano Panzani of the Supreme Court of Italy on judicial approaches to multinational restructurings and insolvencies;
- Richard A. Gitlin with Sean Hagan, General Counsel of the International Monetary Fund, and Dr. Shinjiro Takagi, former Chair of the Industrial Revitalization Commission of Japan on extraordinary restructuring and reorganizational structure and solutions;
- Albert Togut of Togut Segal & Segal and Ronald DeKoven of 3-4 South Square London on conflicts of interest in insolvency situations;
- John Lees, Hong Kong, and John Marsden, Mayer Brown JSM, Shanghai, with George Kelakos and Professor Charles Booth on issues in investing in China;
- Thomas Felsberg of Sao Paulo and Ricardo Beller, of Buenos Aires on the impact of the global credit crisis on Latin American debt restructurings.
A copy of the registration brochure for the Conference is available here.
Interested readers will want to mark their calendars with the dates of the III’s Eternal City Conference which will take place in Rome on June 7 and 8, 2010. The Eternal City Conference will be the III’s Tenth Anniversary Conference and will be an exceptionally valuable and constructive gathering for everyone interested in the international insolvency area.