The Intellectual Property Office of New Zealand has released a discussion paper on proposed regulations for implementing the newly enacted Patents Act 2013. Feedback is being sought on proposed regulations relating to:
- fees payable for various services, requests and processes;
- timeframes and procedures for submitting requests for examinations and re-examinations, third-party assertions and responding to reports issued by the Commissioner of Patents;
- mandating online communication with the Commissioner of Patents;
- new powers for the Commissioner of Patents to control proceedings under the Act; and
- new requirements relating to an address for service.
A copy of the discussion paper is available here.
Submissions close on 24 January 2014.