On December 15, 2015, the U.S. International Trade Commission (“Commission”) issued a press release announcing their vote to institute an investigation of Certain Woven Textile Fabrics And Products Containing Same (Inv. No. 337-TA-976).
By way of background, this investigation is based on an October 1, 2015 complaint filed by AAVN, Inc. of Richardson, Texas (“AAVN”) alleging violation of Section 337 in the importation into the U.S. and sale of certain woven textile fabrics and products containing same that infringe one or more claims of U.S. Patent No. 9,131,790. AAVN also alleged in a second amended complaint violations of Section 337 based upon false advertising claims. See our October 5, 2015 post for more details on the complaint.
According to the Notice of Investigation, the Commission has identified the following as the respondents:
- AQ Textiles, LLC of Greensboro, North Carolina
- Creative Textile Mills Pvt. Ltd. of India
- Indo Count Industries Ltd. of India
- Indo Count Global, Inc. of New York, New York
- GHCL Limited of India
- Grace Home Fashions, LLC of New York, New York
- E & E Company, Ltd. of India
- E & E Company, Ltd., d/b/a JLA Home of Fremont California
- Welspun Global Brands Ltd. of India
- Welspun USA Inc. of New York, New York
- Elite Home Products, Inc. of Saddle Brook, New Jersey
- Pradip Overseas Ltd. of India
- Pacific Coast Textiles, Inc. of Garden Grove, California
- Amrapur Overseas, Inc. of Garden Grove, California
- Westport Linens, Inc. of New York, New York
Lastly, Chief ALJ Bullock issued a notice indicating that Theodore R. Essex will be the presiding Administrative Law Judge in this matter.