The government amended a number of the provisions of Government Regulation No. 14 of 1993 regarding Administration of the Workers Social Security (JAMSOSTEK) Program, by issuing Government Regulation No. 53 of 2012 regarding Eighth Amendment to Government Regulation No. 14 of 1993.
The provisions amended are the provisions of Article 9 paragraph (4), Article 22 paragraphs (1), (2), and (3), Article 26, and Section IA point 2b , 3b, 3c of Attachment II.
Among the changes are the following:
- The base amount for the calculation of the contribution payment for Work Accidents, Health Care, Old Age, and Death security is increased [Article 9 (1)];
- The premium payment for Work Accidents, Health Care and Death security is the obligation of the employer in its entirety [(Article 9 (2)];
- The premium payment for Old Age security is paid jointly by the employer (3.70%) and the employee (2%) [(Article 9 (3)];
- The Death benefit payments may now be made either periodically for 24 (twenty four) months or in advance all at once in the amount of IDR 4,800,000. This option is also applicable to the Total Disability benefit. [(Article 22 (1)]
- The payment of Death and Old Age benefits to beneficiaries are regulated in Article 22 and Article 26;
In addition to the changes, the regulation stipulates a new provision regarding transportation compensation from an accident scene to a hospital. This regulation has been in force since 23 April 2012.