Further to our earlier briefing, Walker Morris has received notification from the courts this morning that increases to the following civil court fees will take effect this coming Monday, 21 March 2016:
- In possession claims, the fee for issuing proceedings will increase from £280 to £355.
- For possession claims lodged online through the PCOL system, the fee will increase from £250 to £325.
- The fee for general applications made on notice within civil proceedings will increase from £155 to £255.
- The fee for general applications made without notice will increase from £50 to £100.
- The fee for applications made by consent will increase from £50 to £100.
These fee increases will affect all civil court users, not least those involved in possession claims.