Summary: This regulation outlines the requirements for state insurance websites ("Web Portals") that must be made public by July 1, 2010 to individuals and small business in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. Currently, each web portal at minimum must contain the following information (to the extent practicable):
- Health insurance coverage offered by health insurance issuers
- Medicaid coverage
- Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) coverage
- State health benefits high risk pool coverage
- Coverage under the high risk pool
- Coverage for small businesses and their employees (small group market)
Over time, the required content for the web portals will increase in accordance with future federal mandates. For example, beginning October 1, 2010 the web portals must also contain benefit and pricing information regarding the following: premiums, cost sharing options, coverage limitations, types of services covered, and exclusions.