In the Official Gazette on 7 November 2018, The Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources (“Ministry”) announced four (4) Renewable Energy Resource Areas (Yenilenebilir Enerji Kaynakları Alanları, “YEKA”) projects for four (4) different locations (Balıkesir, Çanakkale, Aydın and Muğla). Each project will have a capacity of 250 MW, making a total capacity of 1,000 MW.
The initial ceiling price for the tenders will be 5.50 USD-cents per kilowatt hour and the license period for the facilities to be built with respect to the related tender will be forty-nine (49) years.
The application date to obtain the tender documents ended on 18 April 2019. According to the Ministry, nine (9) companies has applied for to offer a bid on the upcoming wind tender. The nine (9) companies are;
- Enercon Rüzgar Enerji Santrali Kurulum Hizmetleri Ltd. Şti.;
- Enerjisa Üretim Santralleri A.Ş;
- Beyçelik Elewan Yenilenebilir Enerji Üretim A.Ş;
- RES Anatolia Holding AŞ- Enerjisa Üretim Santralleri A.Ş;
- B. Ergünler Yol Yapı İnşaat, Taahhüt, Madencilik, Nakliyecilik, Sanayi Ticaret A.Ş;
- Eze İnşaat A.Ş;
- Çinili RES Enerji Üretim Sanayi Ticaret A.Ş;
- İklim Elektrik Yatırım, Sanayi ve Ticaret A.Ş; and
- Gem Wind Sanayi Ticaret A.Ş.
Additionally, the details regarding the tender are expected to be announced in the upcoming days.