On March 07, 2017, the National Hydrocarbons Commission (“CNH”) released the call related to the second PEMEX farm out, CNH-A2-AYIN-BATSIL/2017, for the wells known as “Ayin-Batsil” which are located in shallow waters of the Mexican Gulf.
Below are the main aspects to be considered in this farm out procedure:
- Bidding guidelines / Required Experience:
- Three exploration and/or extraction of hydrocarbons projects in shallow waters with depth equal or greater to 150 meters during 2011 – 2015.
- Daily hydrocarbons production of 10,000 barrels of crude equivalent oil in shallow water projects with depth equal or greater to 150 meters during 2011 – 2015.
- Investments in projects related to the exploration and/or extraction of hydrocarbons of at least 2,000 billion USD during 2011 – 2015.
- Experience in environmental matters and industrial safety.
- It is important to mention that the awarded bidder must make a carry-over of costs in favor of PEMEX of at least the minimum contribution of USD $250,000,000.00 (two hundred and fifty million dollars). PEMEX will be exempted to make any type of contribution until awarded bidder reaches the referred USD $250,000,000.00
- For the referred PEMEX farm out the participation scheme proposed for joint bidders is:
- PEMEX: 50%
- Operator: Minimum of 30%
- The remaining 20% may be agreed between the members of the consortium.
- For the referred PEMEX farm out the participation scheme proposed for individual bidders is:
- PEMEX: 50%
- Operator: 50%
- Participating companies must obtain a license to use information that will be issued by CNH for an amount equal to or greater than Mx. Pesos$2,500,000.00.
- Bidding schedule
|Final bidding calendar||May 31, 2017|
|Period to request access to virtual data room and make the corresponding payment||March 07, 2017 – April 10, 2017|
|Access to virtual data room||March 07, 2017 – June 16, 2017|
|First clarification stage||March 07, 2017 – April 03, 2017|
|Second clarification stage||March 07, 2017 – April 12, 2017|
|Inscription payment and prequalification appointment||April 12, 2017|
|Reception of prequalification documents||April 17, 2017 – April 19, 2017|
|Review of prequalification documents||April 20, 2017 – May 24, 2017|
|Prequalified companies’ publication||May 26, 2017|
|Period to request CNH authorization to conform bidders||May 29, 2017 – May 31, 2017|
|Filing of proposals||June 19, 2017|
- Bidding block
Please click here to view the image.
Pursuant to the information released by CNH, the area known as Ayin-Batsil has an approximate of 3P reserves of 300 million barrels of crude equivalent oil in a total surface area of 1,096 km2 and depths of 82 meters (Batsil) and 176 meters (Ayin).