The Commission has published a consultation on how to ensure responsible lending and borrowing in the EU. It looks at:
- · advertising and marketing of credit products;
- · pre-contractual information;
- · suitability assessments;
- · advice standards;
- · responsible borrowing; and
- · issues relating to the supervisory framework for credit intermediaries.
In support of the consultation it has also published a report by the expert group on credit histories, and seeks views on its conclusions. The report recommends several changes to improve access to and quality of credit data.
The Commission asks for comments on both papers by 31 August.